Barcode Font 128

General discussion about Morovia barcode fonts, OCR/MICR fonts and postal fonts.

Barcode Font 128

Postby mmannion(Legacy Member) on Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:56 am

I am using Morovia Font 128 to print barcodes in a Microsoft .NET (C#) application. Very sporadically the barcode will print "garbage" letters rather than the barcode. I cannot seem to find a pattern to the behavior. We run the application on Win 98, Win NT and Win XP and can get the problem on any of the environments

Does anyone know what may be causing this?

Thanks,

Matt
mmannion(Legacy Member)

Re: Barcode Font 128

Postby glitch (legacy member) on Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:20 am

Matt,

When you have garbage letters printed out, check the data. Change the typeface of the barcode field to a human readable font(such as Courier) and print again with the same data. Compare the text with the one in FontPal. If they are different, the C# encoder function might contain an incorrect mapping. Send your impelement and the data to support@morovia.com for further analysis.

BTW, we provide encoder source code in C# language. The file can be found at c:\program files\common files\morovia\moroviafontTools folder.
glitch (legacy member)

Postby mmannion(Legacy Member) on Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:17 pm

Thanks for the response. I am using the encoder for C# that you mention (Code128Auto). I also tried to view the encoded characters and they look OK. Do you have any other ideas?
mmannion(Legacy Member)

Postby glitch (legacy member) on Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:28 pm

I do not know what's wrong then.

You may copy the barcode string from your app, and paste into WordPad. Format them with Code128 font. If the "garbage" characters still there, send the encoded data to us for an analysis.
glitch (legacy member)

Return to General Discussion