Code 128 & Excel

General discussion about Morovia barcode fonts, OCR/MICR fonts and postal fonts.

Code 128 & Excel

Postby Nat-Cat(Legacy Member) on Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:32 pm

Hi, I receive lists of barcode numbers in Excel and need to convert them in bulk to use with the MRV Code 128aMA. Is there a formula I can use in Excel to do this? It would take a looong time to do using the Font Pal utility.

Thanks in advance, Cat
Nat-Cat(Legacy Member)

Re: Code 128 & Excel

Postby glitch(Legacy Member) on Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:08 am

Cat,

Yes it is doable. You will need to import the module file first to your spreadsheet, and then calls Code128A or other functions.

You may take a look at our Excel sample.

To import th defintions of encoder functions, select Tools -> Macro -> Visual Basic Editor. When VB editor is open, select File -> Open. Navigate to the c:\program files\common files\morovia\moroviafonttools folder and select MoroviaFontTools.vbs. Close the VB editor and save the spreadsheet.

After you have the definitions of encoder functions, you can use them in your spreadsheet. For example, you can define cell C2 as

=Code128A(C$1)

Format C2 with our font you get the barcode in cell C2.

You can verify if the result is valid by comparing it with the one from FontPal.

More information can be found here: http://www.morovia.com/font/support/font-tool.asp
glitch(Legacy Member)

Postby Nat-Cat(Legacy Member) on Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:42 pm

Thanks that's exactly what I require.
Nat-Cat(Legacy Member)

Postby 043turning on Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:55 am

Hi Guys/Gals, Sorry my first post is a question but I am new to the barcode world and whilst I understand the need to handshaking Error corection and data integaty the software I'm using requires a "Tab"to be inserted at the end of the Data and Whilst I can find many ASCI table that show the code for functions like tab very few barcode generatos allow for the addition of special charators.
I guess my question is can you create a dta field like "19_SQR124-4L"and have a "TAB" included in the string using XLS =Code128A(C2)

Once again sorry for the first Post Question
043turning

Postby glitch on Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:50 am

The information above is provided "AS IS", with no warranties, and confers no rights.
glitch
Support Engineer

Postby 043turning on Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:55 pm

Thanks I did see it, and didn't realise that concatanation was possible, but I guess it's just an exteension to a formula, So why wouldn't it be... :oops: LOL
043turning

Return to General Discussion