Code 39 scan issue for certain positions

General discussion about Morovia barcode fonts, OCR/MICR fonts and postal fonts.

Code 39 scan issue for certain positions

Postby almacote(Legacy Member) on Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:49 am

Facts: I'm using code 39 font through MS Word by merging an Excel data file. I'm using an HP LaserJet 1320 BW printer. I am using Online Labels.com Laser Weather Resistant Labels #OL5125LP. The 8.5" X 11" sheet has 40 labels on it. 4-across and 10-down. I have the "*" before and after each 6 digit number I'm scanning.

Now, the important facts are that I have tried the following on plain paper in addition to the above label sheets. Also, I've tried 4 different Laser printers and the same issue occurs.

Problem: When I print out the barcode labels (on ANY medium) the 1st, 4th, 19th and 20th records DO NOT SCAN. All the other labels on the sheets scan fine every time. I have over 700 records of employee IDs and the same 4 positions on each sheet have the SAME issue, so it's not the same four barcodes.

Do you have ANY idea what I can do to fix this? If not, can you PLEASE point me in the right direction?

I'm new to this particular forum, but I've have great luck with this type of support before. Thanks!
almacote(Legacy Member)

Re: Code 39 scan issue for certain positions

Postby glitch (legacy member) on Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:01 am

You did not mention the font size used. If you are using a small size (10 points), try increasing the size a little bit (say, 16 points).

If the problem is not related to particular numbers it is a driver issue. If you are using the PostScript driver, change it to PCL 5 (or PCL 5e). The PostScript driver from HP seems having issues with small sizes.
glitch (legacy member)

Return to General Discussion