Code128 Barcode on Crystal Reports XI

Issues related to using our fonts in Crystal Reports

Code128 Barcode on Crystal Reports XI

Postby engp(Legacy Member) on Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:42 pm

I am trying to embed an order# e.g. "D000128-001" using UFL. I followed the directions exactly. I used the function MoroviaBarcodeCode128Auto(fieldname) to setup my formula field. Put the formula field onto the report, format the field with MRV Code128aMA font. On the preview, it shows the "D !< -001" under the barcode. The data is "D000128-001". And the barcode is not scannable. What am I missing here? Thanks in advance for your help.
engp(Legacy Member)

Re: Code128 Barcode on Crystal Reports XI

Postby glitch (legacy member) on Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:09 pm

What's the font size that you used? Make sure that the barcode has a decent size (on a laser printer > 12 points)

Also I would suggest that you use Code128Ex function. Code128Auto is kept for backward-compatibility.
glitch (legacy member)

Postby glitch (legacy member) on Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:26 pm

Also make sure that the bouding box is big enough to hold the whole barcode.

For mixed Code128 barcodes, it is impossible to have the human readable to reflect the data encoded using a font. If you want the human readable text correct, format with a non-human-readable font (such as MRV Code128M), and put a text box below the barcode field.

I did a test on Crystal Report 9, and the function Code128Auto gave me the corrrect result. The PDF file below is exported from CR.

http://www.morovia.com/supportforum/upl ... 28-001.pdf
glitch (legacy member)

Postby engp(Legacy Member) on Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:50 am

I ended up using the Code128A function and use the Code128M font with a size of 12 as you suggested. It worked!!! Thank you.
engp(Legacy Member)

Return to Crystal Reports