Font Installed on Printer HD

General discussion about Morovia barcode fonts, OCR/MICR fonts and postal fonts.

Font Installed on Printer HD

Postby --G--(Legacy Member) on Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:26 am

Hi,

I'm having a bit of trouble installing one of the MICR fonts on our HP9050 printer. Everything is OK when I install the font to the printer using the batch file supplied with the font as purchased. Our problem is that the font is installed in volitile memory and when ever the printer is unplugged we have to reload the font using the batch file.

Our printer vendor told me to get around this, we needed to install a hard drive in the printer and install the font on it. OK so the tech came out, installed the HD in the printer and then used the HP WebJetAdmin program to copy the font to the 'fonts' folder on the HD on the printer.

Once this was done, everything worked as expected except a couple of the numbers come out all messed up. The number 4 is always messed up! Even on the page printed from the printer identifying all fonts installed on the printer.

The printer tech tells me the people who created the program that is printing to the font need to modify their report to print to the font installed on the HD instead of in memory?

The application is Java based and it prints directly to the IP address of the printer.

The printer guy tells me it's the program.. the software company tell me it's the printer.

Has anyone ran into this problem before?..... HELP!!

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,
--G--
--G--(Legacy Member)

Re: Font Installed on Printer HD

Postby glitch (legacy member) on Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:36 am

The hard disk thing is new to us; we are not able to comment on it.

We usually recommend that the application sends the fonts to the printer at the beginning of each print job. In this way the font presence is guaranteed. The commands are well documented in the PCL manual. We also have a support article explaining how to achieve this at http://www.morovia.com/font/support/pcl.asp.
glitch (legacy member)

Return to General Discussion