Help regarding MICR printing

General discussion about Morovia barcode fonts, OCR/MICR fonts and postal fonts.

Help regarding MICR printing

Postby afx123(Legacy Member) on Sun May 14, 2006 2:57 am

I am developing a web based application for a financial house which will be printing checks also from this application. We want to print the MICR code on the checks. I am basically new to this MICR. Can anyone help me out on this. Our application is jsps on front end and the checks are created on runtime using jsps. So I need to add the MICR code on those checks. For MICR printing we considering the option to buy troy printer. But I am bit confused what will be required to print MICR on the troy printer. What fonts do we require and how to let the printer know where to use the MICR toner for printing?

thank you
afx123(Legacy Member)

Re: Help regarding MICR printing

Postby glitch (legacy member) on Mon May 15, 2006 1:21 pm

Read vendor's documentation. Normally your application sends escape sequence to the printer to move the cursor, select the font and do a print. Many these "specialized" printers are repackaged on top of a HP model which uses PCL language. Your application opens the printer port, writes escape sequence and closes the port.
glitch (legacy member)

Return to General Discussion