Installation problems

General discussion about Morovia barcode fonts, OCR/MICR fonts and postal fonts.

Installation problems

Postby fgobert(Legacy Member) on Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:07 pm

Hello,

Further to our problems with the previous version of your software, as recommended by you, we dowloaded the new version (3.20).

We encountered 3 problems :

1) Minor : the zip file does not extract with the buit-in zip extractor of Windows XP (had to use WinRar).

2) More worrying : during installation, installer displays the following message :

"Error 1931. The Windows Installer service cannot update the system file ...odbcjt32.dll because the file is protected by Windows. You may need to update your operating system for this program to work correctly"

3) Critical : On some machines the barcode string returned by the utility "Morovia Datamatrix Encoder" is in 'clear' (readable characters instead of a DataMatrix) (please provide an email address so I can send you a screeshot)

Please react urgently.

Regards,
fgobert(Legacy Member)

Re: Installation problems

Postby glitch (legacy member) on Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:20 pm

fgobert,

Thank you for contacting us.

1. No idea about this one. Actualy the zip file was made using the built-in zip utility on a Windows XP machine. I'll check to see whether we can re-produce the problem on other XP machines.

2. During the installation process, the installer will try to install the Access driver (used by for Crystal Reports sample) since some old machines do not have it installed. Windows 2000 and XP do not allow overwriting system files but it may warn or not warn. If you are using Window 2000 and XP, do not worry, just ignore the warning.

3. You need to reboot your machine otherwise the font may not be registered properly. Also if you have an existing version (trial or retail), you should remove it before installing the new version. Check the installation folder \program files\morovia\datamatrixfontware for the mrvdatamatrix.ttf file. If you did not see this ttf file there, likely you have an eariler version on the computer. Uninstall them and install again.

If you still have issues with the software, write to support@morovia.com and we are glad to help out.

Edited by glitch on February 08 2006 at 4:43pm
glitch (legacy member)

Postby john jeyaraj on Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:43 am

Can i access the morovia barcode dll 3.6 in web application?
I have generated all the barcodes such as 1D,2D in windows application using morovia dll 3.6.it's having barcode dll file.. now i try to convert in web application.. here dll file did n't supported in web application so i need proper solution....how to use these in asp.net web application. can i use this?? any other dll is there for using in web application. i want create bar code in web application.

Regards
jeyaraj
john jeyaraj

Postby glitch on Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:48 am

John,

Certainly you can use Barcode DLL in ASP.NET application. Take a look at CaseCodeLabel example under 'samples' folder, especially the file BarcodeDLLImport.cs.

Add this file to your project, and you are ready to use BarcodeDLLImport class. Call ExportImage to export images to a disk file, then subsequently loads the file to the browser client. For web graphics, you should set RasterImageResolution to 96 before exporting the image.

When you design a web application, remember that you will need have two pages (scripts). One for the front end (a HTML page with barcode image), and the back end supplying the barcode image dynamically.
The information above is provided "AS IS", with no warranties, and confers no rights.
glitch
Support Engineer

Postby john jeyaraj on Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:23 am

Thanks for Reply.

Now i have included that BarcodeImportDll.cs file in my Web application but i am not able to create an object of it and call functions in it... Can u provide any sample application for that(Sample web application).
Or can u explain in little more detailed manner how to use it in my web application?
john jeyaraj

Return to General Discussion