Integration of QRCode Font encoder in IIS5/ASP environment

General discussion about Morovia barcode fonts, OCR/MICR fonts and postal fonts.

Integration of QRCode Font encoder in IIS5/ASP environment

Postby LanceC on Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:36 pm

In the past, I have used your DataMatrix font encoder in a VBScript/ASP environment on an IIS5 webserver to encode text data for formatting using your DataMatrix font.

My code looked like:
Set dm = Server.CreateObject("Morovia.DataMatrixFontEncoder")
dm.DataMatrixTargetSizeID=2
strBCDM = dm.Encode(strBarcodeText)
Set dm = Nothing

strBarcodeText is the source text
strBCDM is the encoded text that I would then print (using my own printing routines) with the truetype font.

This was with verson 3.33 of the DataMatrix Font Encoder.

Now, I want to do the same thing with a QRCode. I purchased a licence for version 5 of the QRCode Font Encoder software, but I can't find a reference to how I can use it this way.

All I need is to put in some text and get out a string that I can print using the QRCode font. Version 5 seems to be quite different from the DataMatrix version 3, as far as the COM Object goes.

Can you help?
LanceC

Re: Integration of QRCode Font encoder in IIS5/ASP environment

Postby glitch on Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:46 pm

You can find sample VBScript to extract Barcode String in KB10621: http://mdn.morovia.com/kb/Obtaining-Bar ... 10621.html
The information above is provided "AS IS", with no warranties, and confers no rights.
glitch
Support Engineer

Postby LanceC on Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:35 pm

Thank glitch.

But I don't see QRCodeEncodeSet function in the documentation. Where can I find a list of the available functions accessible from the COM object?
LanceC

Postby glitch on Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:37 pm

It is documented in chapter 5. They were written for Crystal Reports; however you can also call them in VBScript.

http://mdn.morovia.com/manuals/qrcode-f ... on-library
The information above is provided "AS IS", with no warranties, and confers no rights.
glitch
Support Engineer

Return to General Discussion