Automate Login and password with Barcode

General discussion about Morovia barcode fonts, OCR/MICR fonts and postal fonts.

Automate Login and password with Barcode

Postby BrandonM on Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:40 am

I was wondering if you would be able to help me out? I'm trying to create a bar code that will allow me to log onto my work tills. All of my staff have a User name and a Password. What type of bar code would I need to use for the till to read it as "enter" in between the 2 sets of numbers.

Example: right now we use 1234 "enter" 1234

Thank you!
BrandonM

Re: Automate Login and password

Postby glitch on Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:57 am

Your requirement is doable; however it requires scanner support. Some USB-interfaced scanners have "function key mode" option. When this option is enabled, the scanner output bar code values 01 ~ 1f as function keys. ASCII value 10 is translated into Enter key.

Code128 supports encoding ASCII value 10. Produce barcode on string "1234~d0101234" will produce key sequence "1234" ENTER "1234".

For serial port interface scanner, search "scanner wedge program" on the Internet. Those programs translate values received from serial port into keys on the keyboard.
The information above is provided "AS IS", with no warranties, and confers no rights.
glitch
Support Engineer

Return to General Discussion