bar code rotation

Issues related to using font products in Microsoft Office programs, such as Word, Excel, and Access etc.). Also for questions on using barcode fonts in VB6.

bar code rotation

Postby dang(Legacy Member) on Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:34 pm

I am using the demo version for MS Access. The bar code shows up fine, but I need to rotate it. I cannot set the rotation in the properties window, as no rotation values are shown in the drop down. I tried setting it in code, but that didnt work either.

Thanks for any help.
dang(Legacy Member)

Re: bar code rotation

Postby glitch (legacy member) on Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:50 pm

If you are using a barcode font, right click on the text box and select Properties to pop up the Properties sheet. Click on the Other tab. Change the "Vertical" property from No to Yes. Adjust the text box to hold the barcode.

If you are using Barcode ActiveX, change the Rotation property of the barcode control.
glitch (legacy member)

Postby dang(Legacy Member) on Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:10 pm

I must be blind, because I don't see a Vertical property in the list. Can you please confirm that property exists?

Thanks.
dang(Legacy Member)

Postby glitch (legacy member) on Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:29 pm

Which control did you used to place the barcode? The vertical property shows at the other tab of the text box properties.

http://www.morovia.com/supportforum/upl ... access.GIF

Edited by glitch on June 01 2006 at 3:21pm
glitch (legacy member)

Postby dang(Legacy Member) on Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:38 pm

I inserted the ActiveX control directly. My properties list is quite different. Here it is:

http://www.accessor.com/images/BarcodeProperties.gif
dang(Legacy Member)

Postby glitch (legacy member) on Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:44 pm

OK. You are using the Barcode ActiveX control. Find the "Rotation" property and change it to mbxRTAntiClockwise_90 or mbxRTAntiClockwise_270.
glitch (legacy member)

Postby dang(Legacy Member) on Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:00 pm

That worked from code, thank you. What product did you think I had? Can I use 2D databatrix bar codes in MS-Access without the ActiveX control?

Thanks again
dang(Legacy Member)

Postby glitch (legacy member) on Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:20 pm

I thought you are using barcode font to create a linear barcode in Access.

We have a font-based product for creating Datamatrix barcode - http://www.morovia.com/font/datamatrix.asp.
glitch (legacy member)

Postby rsx2515 on Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:53 pm

glitch (legacy member) wrote:If you are using a barcode font, right click on the text box and select Properties to pop up the Properties sheet. Click on the Other tab. Change the "Vertical" property from No to Yes. Adjust the text box to hold the barcode.

I've tried bar code rotation with the "Vertical" property on a standard Text Box without success. The UPC_E function from the Morovia VBA library won't convert the encoded string to barcode when it is rotated. Has anyone else encountered this or know of a workaround (not involving ActiveX controls)
rsx2515

Postby glitch on Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:00 pm

I tried on Access 2007 and had no problem at all. I attached the file that I worked. The report is "All Assets".

First make sure that text box works horizontally. Make sure that control source is =EAN8(field), and field is indeed in the data source of the report. Security warning is disabled.

Note that I used EAN8 function. UPC_E should also work.

If you still have problems, attach your file to the reply, or you can attach it to my PM if you do not want others to see your file.
report-screenshot.png
report screen shot
Attachments
Assets.zip
Database file
(360.67 KiB) Downloaded 2437 times
The information above is provided "AS IS", with no warranties, and confers no rights.
glitch
Support Engineer

Next

Return to Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access etc) and VB6