Change PDF417 Security Level in Crystal

Issues related to using our fonts in Crystal Reports

Change PDF417 Security Level in Crystal

Postby jbonds(Legacy member) on Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:37 pm

How can I use the MoroviaPDF417Encode function in Crystal to adjust the security level in the barcodes it prints? I don't see a parameter where I can input the security level. I have Fontware V3.0. Is there an update??

Thanks
jbonds(Legacy member)

Re: Change PDF417 Security Level in Crystal

Postby glitch(Legacy Member) on Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:54 pm

Currently the function does not support additional parameters. We can provide you a custom version. Write to support@morovia.com with your order number.
glitch(Legacy Member)

Postby jbonds(Legacy member) on Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:38 pm

I have sent the e-mail. Looking forward to hearing from y'all!

Thanks
jbonds(Legacy member)

Postby glitch (legacy member) on Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:34 am

I just checked the support mail box and could not locate your email. Can you send to support@morovia.com again? Thanks
glitch (legacy member)

Postby jbonds(Legacy member) on Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:52 am

Sent again just now.

Thanks
jbonds(Legacy member)

Postby glitch (legacy member) on Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:57 pm

We have created a custom DLL to address this issue. To obtain the fix, download Support Tools for Morovia 2D Barcode Fonts by following this link:

http://www.morovia.com/Products/downloa ... .0.5.3.exe

or

http://go.morovia.com/?name=support_tool_2d

Click Run to install the package. The setup replaces the cruflMrv2DSurrogate.dll, located under [WINDIR]\system32. You need to close the Crystal Reports before the installation.

After setup completes, re-start Crystal Reports and replace all the occurances of MoroviaPDF417Encode with MoroviaPDF417Encode2 function. The latter function has a prototype -

MoroviaPDF417Encode2 ( data, security_level, maxRows, maxCols, truncated_symbol, trunk_no)

You can just pass 0 to maxRows and maxCols. Pass 0-9 to the security_level parameter.

When you increase security_level, the length of resulted barcode string also increase. Make sure that you have enough number of trunk fields to hold the whole result.

Edited by glitch on July 18 2005 at 2:16pm
glitch (legacy member)

Return to Crystal Reports