check digit

topics related to linear barcode formats such as Code 39, Code128, Interleaved 2 of 5 (ITF25), UCC/EAN-128, UPC-A, UPC-E, EAN-13, EAN-8, GS1 Databar etc.

check digit

Postby ivoke01(Legacy Member) on Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:05 pm

I bought the code 128 fontware in order to create sscc-18 barcodes. If i use the nicelabel tool("DEMO"), I can create the sscc in the following format (00)01234567890123456*, where the * stands for 1 checkdigit. Now if I use the vbascript in excel that was also deliverd in the package it generates 00012345678901234567*** . I get 3 check digits?? And also the brackets around my application identifier in the HR text are not there.

How can I alter the vba script to get the same result as in the nicelabel tool?
ivoke01(Legacy Member)

Re: check digit

Postby glitch(Legacy Member) on Mon Mar 15, 2004 6:36 pm

The three stars refer to the checksum character, stop character and termination bar. All of them are required by Code128.

In the font, unlike image generation programs, you have to map specified bar/space patterns to characters, that is why you see three characters there.

To print the Human Readable with EAN128 format, you can add a text box below the barcode, and fill the value. Due the one-to-one mapping between a pattern and a text character, you can not get the brackets show up in the human readable.

You are free to change any script we write, as long as you ensure that the results are correct
glitch(Legacy Member)

Return to Linear symbologies