Crystal Reports

Issues related to using our fonts in Crystal Reports

Crystal Reports

Postby klavigne(Legacy Member) on Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:56 pm

I am trying to print on a label with a Zebra LP2844 printer. When I try to print "S309600000102" using MRV128 Code128aSA font, it prints across the entire label which is 2.25 inches wide. I'm using the crystal function MoroviaBarcodeCode128A(UpperCase('S309600000102')) as a test. When I try to print using the MRV128S (or XT,M,S, T,XS) font, the bar code prints, but I can't scan it. I don't want human readable because I need to encode a couple of more characters in the same width label. I know it fits without the ascii characters, because I tried it with a different software package. Can you tell me what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks

Ken Lavigne
klavigne(Legacy Member)

Re: Crystal Reports

Postby benz(Legacy Member) on Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:23 am

From your description it is likely that the barcode is too long for a 2.25" inch. You may verify this by using chaning the font to one with human readable such as MRV Code128ASA.

To reduce the barcode lenght, use MoroviaBarcodeCode128Auto function instead of MoroviaBarcodeCode128A. It should reduce 40% of the length - because most of your data is numeric. Code128Auto shifts the character set to C automatically when it sees a large numeric data to reduce the overall length.

You may also reduce the point size of the barcode field tor reduce the overall barcode size.
benz(Legacy Member)

Return to Crystal Reports