Difficulty In Scanning Micro QR Code

General discussion about Morovia barcode fonts, OCR/MICR fonts and postal fonts.

Difficulty In Scanning Micro QR Code

Postby solisresto on Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:04 pm

Hello, new comer here :) English is not my mother tongue language, pardon for any mistakes :)

To the point, I have a difficulty in reading micro QR codes with my current barcode reader (the model and type is this one). The brand is CODE and I bought it from a company in Indonesia (I live in Jakarta). I'm newbie in this field but my job requires me to frequently use this stuff, and I have no idea whether it's normal or not. It usually takes about 3-4 times trial before it eventually succeeds in reading the micro QR codes. Kind of frustrating for me.

Does anyone ever have experience with CODE scanner? Is it normal?
Is the problem with the scanner or the quality of printer QR code?
Will it make any difference if I use product of Morovia (this one: https://www.morovia.com/fonts/qrcode/)?

Note: it only happens when it scans micro QR codes.

Sorry if I ask too much, any comments will be highly appreciated! :)
solisresto

Re: Difficulty In Scanning Micro QR Code

Postby glitch on Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:13 pm

Your scanner has difficulty to read micro QR code created by our software or others?

If your scanner is able to pick up the barcode, normally it is a print quality issue. If your scanner cannot read the barcode at all, the barcode has encoding issues.
The information above is provided "AS IS", with no warranties, and confers no rights.
glitch
Support Engineer

Postby solisresto on Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:55 pm

glitch wrote:Your scanner has difficulty to read micro QR code created by our software or others? If your scanner is able to pick up the barcode, normally it is a print quality issue. If your scanner cannot read the barcode at all, the barcode has encoding issues.
No, it's not from your software, but I'm considering using Morovia if that is the case. Still exploring some pages of this website :)
solisresto

Postby glitch on Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:42 am

You can certainly give our software a try.
The information above is provided "AS IS", with no warranties, and confers no rights.
glitch
Support Engineer

Return to General Discussion