Does the run-time license change?

Anything related to Barcode ActiveX programming

Does the run-time license change?

Postby paulggardner on Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:52 am

I recently upgraded to version 3.8 from 3.3, and when I replace the dll in my application's installation, the appliction crashes on a call to ExportImage. From reading the forums, it seems this might be caused by missing run-time license info. However, the application was working just fine prior, and the only thing I did was to swtich out the MrvBarCd.dll.

Thanks.
paulggardner

Re: Does the run-time license change?

Postby glitch on Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:55 pm

There are several changes in 3.6 on this ExportImage method. Notably, the file extension must be bmp, jpg, jpeg, gif, tif, tiff, png, emf or wmf. Otherwise the method returns an error.

http://mdn.morovia.com/manuals/bax3/sha ... xportImage

May be your application did not catch the error and simply assume that the image file will be created? You might want to find out where the crash is.
The information above is provided "AS IS", with no warranties, and confers no rights.
glitch
Support Engineer

Postby paulggardner on Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:13 pm

The link you sent me look like the file extension is only important if the file is to be overwritten?

The crash is on the ExportImage line. I can't get the debugger to work, so I haven't been able to investigate anything too closely yet, but I did put some logging in and the logger call right after that line never executes.
paulggardner

Postby glitch on Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:01 pm

Are you able to run the sample project included in the package? If you think that there is a bug in ExportImage, we need to be able to reproduce it.
The information above is provided "AS IS", with no warranties, and confers no rights.
glitch
Support Engineer

Postby paulggardner on Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:07 am

I'm not claiming a bug in ExportImage. Right now, all I know is that my application shuts down when it executes that line. All I've done is to replace the old new with the new one, and thought maybe the runtime license value changed, with the create not showing an error. I haven't been able to determine the exact cause of the problem yet.

I don't have a project installed from the retail msi. Is there another msi I should get as well?
paulggardner

Postby paulggardner on Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:38 am

Moved a bit further along. The file extension I'm using is .emf, and I was able to determine that the image file is being created, which indicates that the DLL is being found and loaded into memory. But the file is length 0 and the log command right after that call never executes.

The data string I'm sending is this "[)>~d03006~d029JKUSMAW0DA45$PS04RZ0XX~d029N4320012969461~d0292Q0~d02913Q1/1~d03007~d02905W0DA45~d02906SP915~d02909PUMP UNIT,CENTRIFUGAL~d0291035GPM~d029120~d02938PUMP CAPTURED FUEL~d030~d004>" without the quotes or any linefeeds.

Other settings:
FmbBarcode2D.AutoLabelSize := False;
FmbBarcode2D.Comment := EmptyStr;
FmbBarcode2D.Symbology := 40;
FmbBarcode2D.PDFMaxCols := 10;
FmbBarcode2D.SymbolMarginBottom := 0;
FmbBarcode2D.SymbolMarginLeft := 0;
FmbBarcode2D.SymbolMarginRight := 0;
FmbBarcode2D.SymbolMarginTop := 0;
FmbBarcode2D.ZoomRatio := 0.916;
FmbBarcode2D.RasterImageResolution := 203;
FmbBarcode2D.PDFSecurityLevel := 5;
FmbBarcode2D.PDFAspectRatio := 3;
FmbBarcode2D.PDFModuleWidth := 10;
FmbBarcode2D.PDFModuleHeight := 30;

I also verified that the msi I used (Retail 3.8 Active X) doesn't include a project. I'm using Delphi, so it's not likely you would have included that anyway.
paulggardner

Postby glitch on Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:16 am

>>I don't have a project installed from the retail msi. Is there another msi I should get as well?

The samples are included. If you installed the new version on a computer that has the old version, it might not install all files. Try install it on another computer, or remove it completely before you run the new msi.
glitch
Support Engineer

Postby paulggardner on Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:30 pm

OK. I uninstalled and re-installed and got them this time.

I opened the .NET sample in VS 2013, and waited for the automatic conversion. I compiled and ran it, and got this error:
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException was unhandled
Message=Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))
Source=System.Windows.Forms
ErrorCode=-2147221164
StackTrace:
at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.CoCreateInstance(Guid& clsid, Object punkOuter, Int32 context, Guid& iid)
at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateWithoutLicense(Guid clsid)
at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateWithLicense(String license, Guid clsid)
at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateInstanceCore(Guid clsid)
at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateInstance()
at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.GetOcxCreate()
at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.TransitionUpTo(Int32 state)
at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateHandle()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.EndInit()
at SampleLabel.MainForm.InitializeComponent() in c:\Users\pggardne\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\BarCode\SampleLabel\MainForm.cs:line 252
at SampleLabel.MainForm..ctor() in c:\Users\pggardne\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\BarCode\SampleLabel\MainForm.cs:line 66
at SampleLabel.MainForm.Main() in c:\Users\pggardne\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\BarCode\SampleLabel\MainForm.cs:line 265
at System.AppDomain._nExecuteAssembly(Assembly assembly, String[] args)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly()
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
InnerException:

on this line:
((System.ComponentModel.ISupportInitialize)(this._barcode)).EndInit();
in the mainform.cs of the CaseCodeLabel, line 250.

I then tried to manually install it using the regsvr32 in System32 and SysWOW32 directories and got an error message that the call to DLLRegisterServer failed with error code. I installed both normally and as an administrator. I also don't get this error in my application on the create or statement.
paulggardner

Postby glitch on Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:34 pm

Barcode ActiveX is 32-bit only. You need change the compiler settings to x64 instead of "Any CPU" if you are on a 64-bit Windows.

http://mdn.morovia.com/kb/10603
glitch
Support Engineer

Postby paulggardner on Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:48 pm

Ok - that worked on my machine, but when I copied it to the machine where the problem is occuring, the application crashed unless I copied all the bin\debug contents as well. I ran the install on that machine as well, but the problem still occured. It's a 2008 R2 64-bit server, in case that makes a difference.
paulggardner

Next

Return to Barcode ActiveX Control