Information needed for QR Code

General discussion about Morovia barcode fonts, OCR/MICR fonts and postal fonts.

Information needed for QR Code

Postby BradD on Tue May 22, 2012 9:55 am

I am doing research for my employer. We want to Barcode or QR code our construction equipment. Currently about 500 units but growing. We want to apply a very durable, mylar or non-papered type of label to our equipment with a code and a easily read description. I will be using my PC. Windows Office. What system do we need? Do I need a dedicated printer? Can I use my desktop laser printer unit? What about a portable cordless reader? We are on a highly secured site. We are not allowed to use a camera phone on site.
BradD

Re: Information needed for QR Code

Postby glitch on Tue May 22, 2012 10:21 am

BradD,

Thank you for the interest on our company.

1. Yes you can use our software with a laser printer. You might want to try the trial version to see if it works: http://www.morovia.com/fonts/qrcode/.

2. You do not need a smart phone to read the QR Code. Most 2D barcode scanners read QR codes. From your message it is unlikely that you need any of the smart phone features.
The information above is provided "AS IS", with no warranties, and confers no rights.
glitch
Support Engineer

Return to General Discussion