MRV Code39M not scaling on new printer

General discussion about Morovia barcode fonts, OCR/MICR fonts and postal fonts.

MRV Code39M not scaling on new printer

Postby pbenven on Tue May 19, 2015 4:18 pm

I have this font (mrvcode39s.sft) installed on several Konica Bizhub MFP's. I have received a new machine - model C224e - and installed the same font. I run the test.bat script and all barcode samples are the same size whereas the same test on the older machines produces the expected, scaled results. Clues?
pbenven

Re: MRV Code39M not scaling on new printer

Postby glitch on Wed May 20, 2015 8:50 am

If you got the code39 barcode printed, it is possible that there is another code39 font (which is not a scalable version) in the printer.

Using the LCD screen menu, locate PCL configuration -> print PCL font list. You should see the font list printed along side with PCL select statement. If multiple code39 fonts exist, you need to either delete that font, or modify the select statement to add more conditions such as typeface number etc.
The information above is provided "AS IS", with no warranties, and confers no rights.
glitch
Support Engineer

Re: MRV Code39M not scaling on new printer

Postby pbenven on Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:32 pm

Konica confirmed that this was a problem with their latest machines and have since issued a software update. I couldn't believe it had not been previously identified as a problem.
pbenven

Return to General Discussion