Need alittle help datamatrix

PDF417, Data Matrix, Maxicode, QR Code... 2D bar code formats

Need alittle help datamatrix

Postby chetafitch on Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:28 am

I have a situation in which i need to encode an "alt+d" keystroke combination into the datamatrix code and i cannot find any references to a situation like this. any help would be appreciated.
chetafitch

Re: Need alittle help datamatrix

Postby glitch on Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:05 pm

ALT+D is a key combination. It is not a character in the ASCII table.

If you want to create a data matrix barcode that scans into a sequence of characters including ALT+D keys, you need:

1. If you are using a USB interface scanner, check the manual to see if it supports function keys mapping. If it supports function key mapping, find out the corresponding ASCII value. Many scanners support function key mapping but you need to turn the feature on.

Or

2. If you are using a serial-interface scanner and have control over the reader application, modify the application to send Windows keys upon reading an ASCII value.

or

3. If you are using a serial-interface scanner but do not want to write a reader application, search Internet for "winwedge" or similar keyboard wedge programs. Those programs translate data receive at a serial port into functional keys.
The information above is provided "AS IS", with no warranties, and confers no rights.
glitch
Support Engineer

Return to 2D symbologies