PDF417 Data separator

PDF417, Data Matrix, Maxicode, QR Code... 2D bar code formats

PDF417 Data separator

Postby jayjay(Legacy Member) on Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:24 pm

Please help:

I',m using Morovia PDF417 Fontware AciveX to encode 6 fields and the company requires that each field use the ASCII character data element separator ('GS') as well as an error correction level between 3 - 5.

1)Should I separate each data field using a CR (as in the GUI example) or could I concatenate the 6 data fields in one string using the GS separator after each field? Please see i.e. below:

i.e. pseudo code :(ascii 29 for the GS separator, CR for CarriageReturn)

- One string: field1+ascii 29+field2+ascii 29+...field6+ascii29 OR like this

- separated lines for each data filed: field1+ascii 29+CR+field2+ascii 29+CR+...field6+ascii 29+CR

2) How can I force the object to use correction level 5? Waht's is the method to be used? i.e. l2dobject.???? = 5

Thank you very much for your help!!!
jayjay(Legacy Member)

Re: PDF417 Data separator

Postby glitch (legacy member) on Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:42 pm

Jay,

1) you can directly use the ASCII char in the input. For example, in Visual Basci you can use the form:
"1234" & Chr(29) & "abcd".

Or if you can use the \ddd escaped for format(ddd is the decimal ASCII value for that character). The string above can be expressed as

"1234\029abcd".

2) To set the error correction leve, set SecurityLevel property (page 7 in the developer guide)
glitch (legacy member)

Re: PDF417 Data separator

Postby jayjay(Legacy Member) on Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:03 pm

Perfect!!. CHR(29) it is because I'm using VB.

I saw the securityLevel property in the develope guide...That's all what I needed.

I appreciate your help, Glitch...Thanks a million!!!
jayjay(Legacy Member)

Return to 2D symbologies