Printing Barcode Image

Anything related to Barcode ActiveX programming

Printing Barcode Image

Postby klech(Legacy Member) on Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:10 pm

I'm trying to get an image of my barcode to print using a 3rd party printing tool, but with no luck. I checked out the VB example and printing from here using the native Printer object works as expected, but I cannot get it to work using this other print component. I've tried a few things, including loading the barcode image into a picturebox as an intermediate step, but can't get this to work either... All the aforementioned objects use an IPictureDisp object, so i really don't understand why it's not working.. any help greatly appreciated
klech(Legacy Member)

Re: Printing Barcode Image

Postby benz(Legacy Member) on Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:11 pm

If you must use this third party printer object, you may try to call ExportImage to export the image into a disk file (BMP, JPEG). Then print the image file using the third party printer object. Without knowing what the third party component is we can not figure out where the problem is.
benz(Legacy Member)

Re: Printing Barcode Image

Postby klech(Legacy Member) on Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:51 pm

At first, my concern was with the third party print component, but I cannot event get the barcode image to load in a PictureBox. For example, the following code does not do anything:

Picture1.AutoRedraw = True
Set Picture1.Picture = MrvBarcode1.Picture
Picture1.Refresh

I'm not sure why this doesn't work, as both the PictureBox and the Barcode objects' Picture property are IPictureDisp objects
klech(Legacy Member)

Return to Barcode ActiveX Control