QR Code in Business Cards

PDF417, Data Matrix, Maxicode, QR Code... 2D bar code formats

QR Code in Business Cards

Postby Crystal Printer Solutions on Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:59 pm

I need to create QR Codes to print on business cards for a real estate agent. I already downloaded your software QR Code Fonts & Encoder 5. How do I put information to create such a barcode using your GUI encoder?
Crystal Printer Solutions

Re: QR Code in Business Cards

Postby glitch on Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:31 pm

Have you visited QR Common usage page? If not I recommended you read it once.

The widely accepted data format for contact info is MECARD, which was invented by a Japanese company DOCOMO. Barcode readers on Apple Iphone and Andriod are able to read QRCode with this format. You will need to assemble the data into a string. Then you can use our encoder to create QR codes.

For example, to encode the following contact info:

Name: Jenifer Smith
Address: 1 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 205, Los Angeles, CA 90001
Phone: (626) 123-4567
Email: jenifer@example.com,
Company: Smith Reality

You put

Code: Select all
MECARD:N:Smith,Jenifer;SOUND:Smith Reality;ADR:1 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 205, Los Angeles,CA 90001;TEL:+16261234567;EMAIL:jenifer@example.com;;

The string must start with MECARD: and end with ;. Each field start with a field name, followed by colon: and ends by semicolon. Subfields are separated by comma.

The whole string must be in a single line - there is no line return in the string.

Here, N => name; SOUND=> company; ADR=> address; TEL=> telephone ...

Docomo has a more detailed explanation here.

If you are using trial version of QR Code Fonts & Encoder 5, you got DEMO appended at the end. You can test on our free QR Code Maker instead.
The information above is provided "AS IS", with no warranties, and confers no rights.
glitch
Support Engineer

Re: QR Code in Business Cards

Postby mandy12 on Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:28 am

Hello,
QR codes in Business Cards make its looking different. It directly represents a unique organization.

Thanks
mandy12

Return to 2D symbologies