QR code maito how to

Issues related to using our fonts in Crystal Reports

QR code maito how to

Postby IanB on Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:48 pm

we are looking to use QR Barcodes on Crystal Reports to allow customer to Reorder parts from us simply and quickly. Is it possible to user a QR code to add a mailto: address and then a product code and quantity taken form a system database?
IanB

Re: QR code maito how to

Postby glitch on Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:49 pm

You can concatenate multiple database fields and encode them into QR code. You might want to consult the product manual first:

http://mdn.morovia.com/manuals/qrcode-f ... eports.php

You can write formula like StringVar data2Encode := {table.field1} + {table.fields2} to concatenate two fields into a string in Crystal reports.
The information above is provided "AS IS", with no warranties, and confers no rights.
glitch
Support Engineer

Postby IanB on Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:51 pm

Yes that works as it in as much when you scan it I get:

mailto:myname@example.com 90324R 24 as text document on the phone.

But I was expecting it to put this in an email to me with the body of the text as 90324R 24.

Sorry to be a pain but we are close to a solution I think I just need to get the thing to email me with 90324R 24.
IanB

Postby glitch on Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:52 pm

Ian,

Based on http://www.morovia.com/fonts/qrcode/common-usage-qrcode.html#email-address, mailto does not allow message body to be specified.

You might want to use MATMSG format to specify email subject and message, if your phone supports it.
The information above is provided "AS IS", with no warranties, and confers no rights.
glitch
Support Engineer

Postby IanB on Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:55 pm

Yes, MATMSG is what I am looking for. Thanks for the quick response! We'll purchase very soon.
IanB

Return to Crystal Reports