QR Fontware Distribution Problem

Issues related to using our fonts in Crystal Reports

QR Fontware Distribution Problem

Postby TRiLoGY on Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:23 am

Hi, I have recently purchased Morovia QRCode Fontware & Writer SDK 1.1 after playing with the Trial Version.

I uninstalled the trial version, Installed the retail version then created a Crystal Report that displays a QR Code. I distributed the U25MoroviaQRCode.dll to the System32 Folder on the Target Users Machine and also distributed the mrvqrcode.ttf to the Users Font Folder (using an MSI Setup project).

However, when the User generates the Crystal Report, the "Trial Version" message box pops up even though i am using the Retail version.

I would be grateful for any advice or help in resolving this problem.

Many thanks,
Simon.
TRiLoGY

Re: QR Fontware Distribution Problem

Postby glitch on Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:53 am

Did the problem happen in your developer machine? If not, check the DLL installed on the user's computer. Note that on 64-bit Windows, the place is c:\windows\syswow64. Find the DLL in Windows Explorer and select properties. In the details tab, locate the
file description. It should have "Retail" instead of "Demo".

You might want to double check your setup project to make sure that the copy of DLL is updated with the retail version.
The information above is provided "AS IS", with no warranties, and confers no rights.
glitch
Support Engineer

Return to Crystal Reports