Reference Decode Algorithm Sample Code(s)

PDF417, Data Matrix, Maxicode, QR Code... 2D bar code formats

Reference Decode Algorithm Sample Code(s)

Postby shyokou(Legacy Member) on Fri Jun 25, 2004 7:11 am

By search on the Net, I have heard something about the so-called "Reference Decode Algorithm" with its associated sample code.

I wonder if somebody is willing to share a peice of useful information and to show what the reference decode algorithm really does on the earth.

It seems that the sample code is bundled to the so-called "Reference Decode Algorithm" for the specific specification, which requires expense that a bit higher :(

Where can I find some peice of free sample code to learn the algorithm?

Thanks
shyokou(Legacy Member)

Re: Reference Decode Algorithm Sample Code(s)

Postby glitch (legacy member) on Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:24 pm

Trust me, you probably can not find them in Internet. They are copyright protected.

These decoding algorithms are in the standards, which can purchased from AIM.
glitch (legacy member)

Postby shyokou(Legacy Member) on Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:08 am

I think that the proprietary decoding algorithm is probably copyrighted by its patent or intellectual property holder, and it is reasonable. But I do NOT think the reference decoding algorithm is also copyrighted. It is possible that I am incorrect, but here is how I take it - the reference decoding algorithm is in the standard, it is a standard for people to learn and know before they can apply it in their practice, like many of the other reference algorithms in many textbooks. There are a couple of open-source 1D symbology decoding samples, but the only open-source 2D symbology decoding sample that I know of is PDF417, which is a little bit different from other 2D implementations because it is a stacked 1D style ...

Had I enough dollars to purchase an implementation, I would have already :( It is so amazing to me how the decoding works ...
shyokou(Legacy Member)

Postby mikey(Legacy Member) on Wed Jul 21, 2004 4:32 am

Go to www.inliteresearch.com for information on decoding PDF417, there is a free SDK available
mikey(Legacy Member)

Return to 2D symbologies