Turn printing of UPC-A number under bar c

This forum is to discuss issues related to Monterey Barcode Creator 3.x.

Turn printing of UPC-A number under bar c

Postby Lighthouse(Legacy Member) on Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:20 pm

I just obtained the demo of Morovia FontPal to be able to print UPC-A bar codes on our packing lists. The font I selected for our purposes was MRV UEBXSA. I wanted to know if I could turn off the printing of the UPC-A number under the barcode to save space?

Thanks.
Lighthouse(Legacy Member)

Re: Turn printing of UPC-A number under bar c

Postby glitch (legacy member) on Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:52 am

As you may know, UPC encoding is very complex because of the underlying text is required. We can not provide technical support for this purpose - since the standard requires the human readable text. However, you can figure out easily by yourself by reading this article:

http://www.morovia.com/font/support/man ... pc-ean.pdf

This article explains how to manually generate the barcode string for UPC and EAN numbers. With the encoding scheme in mind, you can easily figure out how to encode a UPC-A number into the non-HR form.
glitch (legacy member)

Postby Lighthouse(Legacy Member) on Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:05 am

Thanks. I have seen other bar code generators and they had an option to either print the numbers or not. I was hoping this was just the equivelant of a different type of font that might be provided here. I'll check out the link mentioned and see what I can do.

Thanks again.
Lighthouse(Legacy Member)

Postby glitch (legacy member) on Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:48 pm

If that is what you want, you may take a look at Monterey Barcode Creator at http://www.morovia.com/label/. You are able to turn off the HR text in Barcode Creator

Last bumped by Anonymous on Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:48 pm.
glitch (legacy member)

Return to Monterey Barcode Creator 3.x